My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Miss Gay Texas America

Yes I stayed all night for the pageant but left right after crowning. I wanted to introduce Nancy to Maya but at the end of the pageant Maya was no where to be found. I dont really blam her though. I know everyone was tired and I know especially she had to be with the weight of judging all week long. I will just have to introduce them next time we go. Oh my goodness, that was one of the longest pageants I have ever been to! We did not make it back to Denton til 5am with the pageant getting over alittle after 4! It was a blast. 4th Runner Up: Heather Skyy,3rd Runner Up: Layla O'Hara,2nd Runner Up: Chanel LeMasters,1st Runner Up: Onyx

Miss Gay Texas 2006: Layla Larue


Congratulations!! Good luck Onyx and Layla on your way to Miss Gay America in Memphis!I know you will both make texas proud no matter where you place. I thought it was very close between the two. Onyx's talent really touched me. My friend cried because of it and was dearly touched. Aspen, you did a wonderful job and I am very proud of you! Your talent was very creative, unconventional, and amazing. I loved the new hair with that gown.Kelly, you are right. It totally transformed that dress! You looked so stunning in evening gown.

My friend Nancy and I were both commenting that we know this title will be yours someday soon! Please dont give up because Ill be in the audience cheering you next year! I am very proud of you! The talents I thought really stood out were Chanele Lemaster's Easy as life.....girl I had goose bumps! Layla's talent was very clean, high energy and put together. She worked it out for the kids! I already mentioned Onyx's talent. One girl did the exorcists talent which stood out to me but not in a good way. I remember when she did question and answer she talked about wanting to be an inspiration because she was visually impaired. I thought that was so cool and she gave a great answer to her question but her talent left me with a negative feeling not inspiring at all. I was like why? My friend Nancy commented that it really tooks guts and bravery for Aspen to make herself look crazy and not beautiful like she normally is which I agree.Aspen's talent also really worked it out in the end and wowed me making me give a standing ovation at the end so I still felt uplifted and adrenaline pumping. Heather Skyy's talent was cute and theatrical.

I believe Valerie Lohr had alittle too much to drink last night which was funny but slowed down the pageant some( dont get me wrong I still love her). Celeste took over for her at one point during the second half of talent which sped up the pageant some.One contestant named Simara Stone( I believe that is her name she did Gwen Stefani "shit is bananas" with baseball theme) reminded me so much of my bus calculus teacher from UNT that I have this semester. I could not get over it all night. Now this is true, In class (we are only 2 weeks into the semester so not a lot) I have caught myself wondering could she have born as a boy and now live as a woman( a truly beautiful one at that). Yesterday (friday) my 10 am class with her was cancelled and I thought hmmm could it be that she had to make the contestant meeting at the rose room at 11am. I wonder and Im sure it sounds crazy but I still think there is the possiblity that Simara Stone is my teacher Mary Teel? Kelly, Aspen, do you know anything of this entertainer where she lives or anything. I heard there was some drama about her not being at the first day of competition but I am not aware of the reasosn why (Ive heard a few things but I dont know which is true and which is gossip). Also Whitney Paige was billed for being a host at last night's pageant(according to the official miss gay texas america website) and I was curious what happened there.

Allysa was stunning all night long and a true proffessional. She is so gorgeous and I really look up to her. I loved her vogue opening production.I also thought it was so great that Allysa's mother was in the audience and has supported her through out her career. I wondered if my mother or father will ever be in the audience when I compete in a pageant. Whether they are or not, I must follow my dreams whether my family agrees with them or not. Aspen looked HOT when she came out. My friend was like she's got to be in the top 12. Heather looked fab with her super high hair with feathers I loved that! Onyx was so cute. She came out as Lucy with the cutest little puppy dog! Oh I lived! I also really liked Ashley and Claudia's hair in the opening number. A lot of the girls had really fun costumes for opening production but those are the ones that stick out in my head at the moment.I cant wait til Kelly gets some pictures online! Nancy really enjoyed herself and was so glad she came. Every time she saw Maya she could not help but stare. She truly is mesmerizing. I was thrilled that she was able to come and thought this pageant was a great way to introduce her to the art form of female impersonation. She has seen pictures but this was her first time to ever see it live! Next time, we are going to a regular rose room cast show and she is going to bring her husband. Hope Krystal dont steal him away (lol JK)! Well I think I am going to eat some left over cornbread of jerry's and perhaps a cashew butter sandwich for lunch so this is all for now!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Simara Stone lives in Amarillo, so no, not your math teacher. hehe that's funny though. Oh, and Simara wasn't there the 1st day of the pageant supposedly because of car problems. She should have had MANY administrative points taken off, and probably shouldn't have been in the top 12 because of it. Speaking of admin points... Layla O'Hara was late to Thursday's contestant meeting. Should have had admion points taken off, but we don't think it happened.

    And Valerie, yes... sloshed. It looked foolish, and I am glad Celeste took over during crowning and such. I heard that Wednesday Sweet Savage got too drunk and someone had to take over for her. Someone needs to talk to these formers...

    I'm so glad you liked Aspen's talent. I'm really proud of him for that one. It was all his own idea. Well, I'm proud of him in general. I would really like to know what kept him out of the 5. I know his onstage wasn't great, but it was better than last year and he made the 5. supposedly they will mail the critiques to him. I guess we shall see.

    Last night was ridiculous. There was NO reason for a pageant to go on until 4:20. We are not happy at all. They didn't give out any final night category awards. They didn't vote on the Dion Martell Sprit Award. They either didn't do, or I missed, the Best Nonfinishing Finalist award. They made the contestants line up for crowning at 3:00, so all these poor girls were standing up for over an hour by the time it was done. That's why Aspen got that stool and sat down. I thought it was really funny. I wonder how many people actually went to critique. I know we didn't and I know Heather didn't. That's probably why Maya left, to go to the hotel.

    We're taking a year off from pageantry, from what he's saying. I don't know that we will be coming back to Miss Texas America. We'll see how it plays out.

    I'll work on pictures some probably tomorrow, and get them up asap. I'm tired and I don't want to concentrate today.

    By the way, I have a livejournal. http://www.livejournal.com/users/bassetfreak

    Hope to see you on September 21 when Aspen is next in the Rose Room.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger gapfashionprep said…

    Is the Dion Martell Spirit Award like the miss congeniality award? I was also wondering about the best non finishing finalists but I never heard it either. I do not think they did it! I do not blame Aspen at all for getting the chair. She was tired. I know we were and we were not even competing. It was sad that it took so long because the winners didnt real get to bask in their glory after crowning.At the end, I walked up to the get a picture with Allysa and trying to find Maya, I heard one of the promoters either for miss texas or miss america, who mumbled something to the gist of he was very upset or disappointed with how the pageant was last night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home