My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Monday, August 29, 2005

our history is shown too and tidbits about my first day of school

So today is the first day of the fall 2005 semester. I have an 8am class and as chase would say "yuck". Suprisingly though, I did not have a hard time waking up this morning at all. Well I am sitting there in class and really hoping I get an exciting teacher because I need something to keep me awake at 8am. I am so not a morning person. In walks, this blonde woman who looks like Renee Zellwigger(sp) who is actually my teacher. She was really animated and lively so like Im psyched. I am thinking hey this class isnt going to be this bad. She talks about the definition of history and finding a connection with history. She started to talk about how their are different groups who are culturally underepresented in history and how she strives to show their history as well. She starts to talk about woman in history and how Jane Austen didnt really have interests in history because she found no one she could relate to in history. Im thinking yea, yea woman but what about the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgendered community? Where am I represented in history? She starts to do a slide show of pictures of different people without the names and then asking the class who the person is. She starts off with George Washington which everyone knows, then martin luther king, jr, rosa parks, another female in history who was the fourth first lady, and then suprise, matthew shephard. I was so pleasantly shocked. Only a few people knew who he was ,but It was a big deal to me that she included him in the group of people. I felt like wow, it shows she cares and is not going to just skip over the lgbt community in history. We wont be forgotten like I had assumed. Many times people speak of minorities in classes like women, african americans, asians, native americans, hispanics but never mention lgbt minority group. I am so in the right class! She also mentioned that she has ADD just like me which I thought was really cool! I went to intro to design class which was just a basic everyone introduces themselves and then a brief overview of the class. Barbara Cox teaches it and I love her! Well one more class today which is Bus Calc(hopefully will go better the second time around) and Im really hoping I get a teacher I can understand. Then tonight is our 4095 meeting at 630 and our major minor meeting at 7.

Well thats all for now. Maybe ill write more later!
Hugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home