My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Thanks Jordan!

I was laying on my bed when I thought of my friend Seth which led me to think of my friend Jordan. Ok when I first started going to S4(it was villlage station back then), I would dance, dance, dance all night long. I also used to complain about how they didnt play enough rap music cuz like I went through this phase when that was mainly what I listened to. I still listen to rap but my taste has varied alot and I love dance music and the music S4 plays. Well anyway, so I used to dance and never go up to the rose room. I didnt even know what the rose room was. My friend Jordan told me I should really go check it out and that he thought I would really like it (I dont think he had any clue how right he was). Well at first, I kinda ignored his suggestion but I finally checked it out. It was on a thursday I think (cuz back then I was 18 and this was before VS had it 18 and up all nights and thursdays and sundays I think were 18 and up) and it was Valerie Lohr's Amatuer night. I remember watching as Valerie, Landry, Chanel and awhole host of other queens performed.I was mesmerized.After that, I always went up to the rose room and then danced later after the show.I was hooked. Well the rest is all history and most of you who read this blog regurlarly or know me personally, know that now I am a "rose room groupie" (lol). If it wasnt so late at night, I would call Jordan right now and thank him for introducing me to the world of drag but it is too late so Im just gonna thank him on here for now. Goodnight Rudicus! Goodnight Kelly! Goodnight Aspen! (just kidding, this is not the Waltons) Goodnight everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home