My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Who is Mr. John Roberts?

I was just reading an article from Dallas Morning News’ Quick about the evasiveness of Chief Justice John Roberts. It seemed like he was trying to dodge almost every question about issues that they were throwing at him especially concerning abortion( called the 600lb elephant in the trial). I really hate people like this who skirt the issues but I guess that is in the nature of politics. I appreciate and respect directness and people being honest about what they stand for. If there is nothing suspect or wrong with your practices, then why not just be open about them? In time, if he does become our next chief justice, we will see where he stands but then will it be too late? It would be a travesty to this nation if Roe vs. Wade was overturned and the right to abortion was denied to woman. We would need lots more CASA volunteers and workers, therapist, and counselors I can tell you that much. This world already has enough suffering in it, why bring more children into being raised by unprepared or unsuited parents? I thought it was very interesting however that he had down pro bono work for people trying to uphold gay rights “if there has been something involved to which he objected on moral grounds, he wouldn’t have taken on the work”. http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid19414.asp for more information on his gay rights work. Reading this made me see him a new light to some extent but am very concerned about his position on abortion and woman’s rights. Also, some people will support gay right’s to a point but when it comes down to gay marriage, then it’s a different book. He has said that his faith will not play a role in how he judges cases and that he looks to law books, not the Bible, for guidance. How I would love it if this man actually ended up living by those words or will he leave a legacy of hypocrisy like so many others that have come before (want a good list to start off with u can check out the rudicus report) . I would love it even more that if after becoming Chief Justice, we saw him become more liberal than Bush ever imagined and actually affecting positive social change. I can only hope!The hearing is supposed to continue today and I am sure we will get more news of its details tomorrow.

Until next time,I must say how I long for days of 2008. I think Im off to take a nap where I will dream it is the year 2008 and Hillary Clinton is president and weve shipped the Bush family off to their own little island.

oh and kelly, that is so silly of Samara. Looking at her prelim gown score, it was not so bad compartively to others in the 12. She should have known that was a no no in the america system. Now in UsofA, you can wear one gown for prelim and a completely different one for final night correct?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Correct. You can change your gown ans talent at USofA.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home