My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Kimberly


this is me in drag as Kimberly back in October . Posted by Hello

I havent performed lately because there has not been any good venues for me to perform at due to the village station remodel. Kaliente was a trashy place where classy fishy drag queens were not appreciated. Most of the other clubs that have talent nights are 21 and up and so I couldnt go (but I wont be under 21 for too much longer). I am hoping to perform on a regular basis next semester, at least twice a month. performing as a female impersonator is my passion and Valerie's amatuer night is great practice in front of a good crowd. practice makes perfect right? Hopefully I will win first place next semester which has a $100 prize which I could put forward to a new gown or new wig to improve myself. Ive got first runner up before but never winner. the only bad thing about the amatuer night at station 4 is that it will always be during the week and not on a weekend. Station 4 opens on December 23rd and I had heard talks of them switching it from thursday to wednesday, which would actually be good for my schedule next semester seeing that my first class on thursday is at 1pm. I wonder what jerry's first class time on thursday is. hmm. Nancy and her friend Cecily and I think maybe Cecily's mom are going to come out to support me at probably my first performance when I return to Station 4 next semester. I wont be able to perform during the holidays because Ill be at home in plano with my parents who dont know I do drag. It is not time for them to know yet. I will tell them someday but I am going to wait for now. Well ok my break has lasted far too long, back to school work. I am going to go read Muchado about Nothing. Do my analysis of the play and then my character and makeup analysis of the three characters so I can turn them in tommorow. At least get one character done for sure is my goal but all three would be ideal. I hope Jerry's job search is going well and that someone will have a need that will be just perfect for him to fit. My mom had her first day at her new job today. I need to call tommorow and find out how it went. I hope she liked it.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Ailyn said…

    wow, you look fantastic! very awesome, i don't think I would have been able to tell you were in drag had I met you in a store or something.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Outstanding - great make up too - I'm sure you're all the rage at the theatre. I hope you are planning to leave Texas after graduation - there are so many more fab places for female impersonators AND theatre folks.

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger gapfashionprep said…

    thank you both for your compliments!

    actally Texas especially Dallas and some of the other large cities in TX are very big places for female impersonation. Many great female impersonators reside in TX such as Kofi, Maya Douglas, Krystal Summers, Erica Andrews, Kelexis Davenport, Layla LaRue, Tommie Ross,Whitney Paige, Victoria West and the list could go on and on. Dallas is the new home of UsofA's national pageants such as Miss UsofA, Miss UsofA at large, Miss UsofA classic. Texas girls are known for not being afraid of paint! I actually plan to stay in Texas for a good while after graduation. now as far as theatre, yes there are much better places for theatre.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home