My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Sunday, November 21, 2004

where to eat for birthday

Ok so I must decide because I must send out the invite. damn, I wish jerry was here to help me decide. maybe nancy could help me decide. I have a hard time with making decisions. lol. yea I am "Mr. Indecisive". See regarding where i eat on my 21st birthday, Ambiance is key. has to have a great atmosphere and good food too because great ambiance and horrible food. no no. and not too expensive either. there are some places with great ambiance but way escalated prices that i had to say no to.

Here are some of my choices

1. Cheesecake factory
(I went there last year tho. it is a great restraunt) link: cheesecakefactory.com

2. Grand Lux Cafe
(the downside about this place is it seems expensive. its made by same company that makes cheesecake factory. from guidelive's review "the restraunt is so very vegas that the local outpost isnt hard to spot at the galleria. Over-the-top Italianate decor makes for a can't miss drive up. The opulent interior could be an object lesson for an art history course. A little art decor here. Some art moderne there. An edwardian accent or two. Oh, my goodness, tsk'd my companion, a university art prof........oversized booths are restful and the noise level is bearable. circus tent chandeliers, good leaf walls...." it like the cheesecake factory has a wide variety of foods served there. something for everyone. They gave it 3 1/2 star rating. link: Grandluxecafe.com

3.MiCocina
(great food,nice atmosphere, ive been there many times, i do love mexican food)

4. Nandina's
(asian restraunt with a watergarden, water wall, multi-level pound fed by series of waterfalls to set the mood, food highly rated this is what D magazine says and Ive read other very positive reviews too "NandinaChef/co-owner Seiji Wakabayashi strikes a perfect balance between Eastern and Western flavors with his savory list of tapas. Asian ceviche, melt-in-your-mouth Kobe beef, and crispy quail are standouts. 5631 Alta Ave., East Dallas. 214-826-6300. $$. " 4 stars from www.guidelive.com)

5. Monica's
D BEST Monica's Aca y AllaCHEFS’ CHOICE 2003 WINNER: Best Restaurateur (Monica Greene). It’s not just the quality of the food—it’s the half-price entrées on Tuesday nights and 50-cent margaritas on Wednesdays that keep this place a perennial hot spot. Cool never came so cheap. 2914 Main St., Downtown/Deep Ellum. 214-748-7140. $-$$. link:http://www.monicas.com/ Ive eaten here before. very good.
6. Ferre
D BEST Ferre Ristorante & BarStreet-side dining and Tuscan tastes continue to keep the fickle Dallas feasters at roost. Salmon with tomato basil risotto and artichoke lemon sauce is simply delicious, and the wine list has some excellent values. West Village, 3699 McKinney Ave., Ste. 106, Oak Lawn/Uptown. 214-522-3888. $$. gets 4 stars from guidelive.com
it has an urban new york loft feel that I really like. It has a nice private dining room that we could use. hmmm! I may be leaning toward this one. i dont know.
link: ferredallas.com


my friend Mark says I should go to the metropolitan but while they say the ambiance is great, I have read severeal poor reviews on the actual food. It may be great for just the bar but as far as food.....no.well this is a good list to refer back to. I need to make my decision soon.

well decisions, decisions, hmm im making one right now, i am going to leave the computer lab now and go call ian(whom oh I would love to be able to attend my birthday party but hes in PA.) and do some makeup hmwk. I am so energized right now. I cant believe it is 1125pm. it feels like much much earlier. hmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home