My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Monday, November 29, 2004

the gathering

I use to write poetry alot when I was younger like in highschool.dealing with my homosexuality, coming out to my parents and friends was an emotionally charged time for me and writing was a way for me to express my most intense deepest thoughts and feelings. I need to start writing more again and I have some. I actually started a new poem today that when finished I will post.

Here's a poem I wrote my junior year of highschool ,I believe, entitled "The Gathering".:

As We laid that perfect tranquil night
Under the stars our only light
The night air consumed our souls
Gone is the mental image of our body filled with holes
No fiery sun to shine down scorn
No humid air to demoralize our worth
Recognizing who we have been since birth
As we come here our spirits are tired and worn
But being here, reminds us they were never torn
three lesbians played the guitar and the violin
The night air does not care whether you love her or him
What matters is that you do love at all
Acceptance secreted from the wall
Poured out of our eyes
Tonight intolerance surely dies
Join the circle, breathe in the night air
Have a seat, right here, anywhere

the poem is about this LGBT youth group that I used to attend every tuesday called Journey Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home