My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Monday, April 25, 2005

fun time adventures with homophobia part 2

.


so i came as kimerly on saturday. i stood up against the man. i said no to his moral cencorship. (now i was told by some people that brian really is not homophobic and was worried about proffesionalism because he had pulled a girl's ponytail or something and and barbara had got on to him real hard about being proffessional and way too touchy feely with girls, which from talking to a few girls, is a problem of his. being proffessional and being discriminatory are two different things though. I guess to be fair I should talk to him someday about it now so that I do not misjudge him as I would not others to misjudge me). I still feel I had to come as kimberly because If i did not I was bowing down to man and I only bow down to God. I do respect authority and I may have acted differently had Mario been the one to tell me not to do it again although I would have stronly questioned him and may have still defied . I did this for the entire lgbt community who is not standing up for themselves right now (many are yes but as a unified body we are not. many lgbt people dont care. they dont want to get married, they just wanna fuck and are selfish.) Brian, the crewhead, did not say anything to me at all about coming as kimberly on saturday. I was glad too. I did not come as kimberly on saturday to cause drama, confrontation, arguementation, or make a big issue. That is not what I am all about. I came as kimberly to stand up for my right to freedom of expression. To say that Im sorry I dont fit your mold, this is how I felt today genderwise, I should be accepted regardless and I can function proffessionaly and productively regardless of what gender I come dressed as. For every transgendered, bi-gendered, gay, queer person who has ever faced discrimination or been afraid to express yourself, saturday was for you! When talking to my friend marty when she asked me if he said anything and I told her no, she said "yea and hes not going to. He realized that people didnt think what he said or was trying to do to you was cool."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home