My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Theater field trip

On Friday April 1st, I went on a theater field trip to Dallas.

.
We started off the day by meeting at the theatere building at 930 and carpooling to mockingbird station. Once we arrived, we had the choice of seeing either an american movie or a japanese movie and I chose the japanese film called "Nobody Knows".

.

.

This movie is great! I thoroughly recommend it. It is about these 4 children who get abandoned by their mother in this apartment and how they explore the apartment and the outside world and learn to survive. The lead boy won best actor at the Canes festival and all the children are phenomenal actors. It was Japan's entry to the Academy Awards. It has some very special moments in it. The cinemtography, acting, and all the elements really worked together to make this great work. A+. It is a sad, fun, artistic and moving movie. GO SEE IT! WHAT ARE U SITTING THERE FOR! GO! LOL!

.
So after the movie (which by the way the theater department paid for our dart ticket, movie ticket, musuem ticket and gave us $9.50 for lunch to spend at our discretion), I went to Rockfish with Brooke, Amanda, Katie, Hayley and a few other people. I had the lunch shrimp platter which came with apple coleslaw, waffle fries, and corn fritters. It was a fun lunch with friends and delicious meal!

.

After lunch, we got dart tickets and took the dart rail to the art district of dallas where we went to the Dallas Musuem of Art.
.

It was my first time on the dart and I really enjoyed it. It rides very smoothly. I liked going backwards the best. I wish the dart would go from Denton to Dallas.
.
At the Museum, the exhibit we saw was the the Forbidden City, the glorious reign of quienlong. Let me tell you, it was beautiful. They had paintings, costumes, artifacts, decor. The detail in the costumes were amazing. It was gorgeous and also very fascinating learning about this ruler who valued travel and diversity and many other things about him. He allowed all types of religions to be practiced including taoism, buddhism, islam and christianity. I didnt have time to go to other exhibits there although my ticket covered that too but I just spent time really enjoying this one. I kept thinking while I was there how much Jerry and Nancy would enjoy it.They had thrones which were truly stunning. If you can find the time to go before May 29, you should.
All in all, it was a very asian themed day which was great. What would have topped it off would have been Margaret Cho, which a few of us considered going to, but the tickets were too high so we decided against it. I hope to see her next time she comes though.
.
After the museum, we went back to mockingbird station via the dart. The group of us that was left (people went back at different times) went to starbucks. I had a chantico which they gave to me in an 8 oz cup instead of the regular 6 oz. It is very rich pure chocolate and thats why its served in a smaller cup. It was hard to drink it all but it was so good so i did.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home