My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Thursday, October 13, 2005

so Im thinking about what to be for halloween. I have so many ideas but one thing is i need an affordable idea something I can actually actualize into reality. I would love to be a showgirl


I also thought about something very creative such as body painting like with face painted too of course and like the rest of the body painted be an expression of that face. I would love it to be aided by my artist friend nancy in that endeavor if I chose that path.


Ive also seen makeups like the one above with rhinestones, sequins, and other things on the face and I think that adds a really cool element as well.


I also thought of being a fairy. speaking of fairies (yes this post is very photo intensive but ive found some amazing photos lately that I cant help but share and Im sure those who read will find them as amazing as I do)
these first two are from fleshandcolor.com, a site that i higlighted in a few post ago a quote from the artist.




this next one if from rankin waddell and its actually from a nokia ad campaign I believe and is amazing



this one is as well and this one actually inspired a 3d art project that I did tonight.



For theater design, we had to do a 3d design project and I didnt really have time to go the store or much money at the moment to buy supplies, so I was like what do I have in my room (well not too much that I thought would be that great unless I was gonna make a city out of popcorn,poptart boxes and bicardi bottles lol) so I was like what about taking some things from nature and I was walking with my friend Blake to the GAB building where he has math lab and right in front of the GAB is these prickly bushes and the leaves were starting to turn a mix of orange/red/yellow with some green still getting ready to fall off and they looked so beautiful to me so I picked a few off the bush. then later on I found a piece of wood that reminded me of a body sitting and so I chose to do a fairy showgirl using the piece of wood as the body and the leaves as her wings and shes sitting on other leaves. I found two little red flowers that I picked and used them as pasties
and then there were these long stemmed plant that I dont know the name of but things grow on them that kinda look like feathers and so I picked like four of them off and ended up using two as her showgirl head dress and then one as her showgirl tail. Later on that evening while actually constructing the project I realized that she needed a bottom pasty piece so I went out and found a little leaf mostly red with a little green at the bottom as the bottom to her outfit and it really turned out great! I love it! I think i am going to entile it "Autumn goes to Vegas". Autumn being the name of the fairy and also the colors in the composition are fall colors. Ill have to take a picture of it.

so I did a google image search on body art and then body painting and boy did I ever find some goodies. Ill post a few now and then more on another post





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home