My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Thursday, May 19, 2005

So moving out of my dorm was not a very fun experience. Well see I wasnt quite prepared to move everything out of the dorm when my parents got there so some things were still loose. Well there was like one loose leaf page from a drag pageant that on one side said "black eyed pea supports Miss Gay Texas" and on the other side
"Good Luck Allysa Edwards" with lots of pictures of her and then right next to it was a picture from a magazine which was Christina Augilera (sp) from a Mac ad and her makeup was quite exagerated. She looked like a drag queen and my dad was all like what is this? I find this quite offensive and I want anything like this to be thrown away. We were going through more stuff putting stuff in boxes and my mom comes across a pink thong and was like "whose is this?" . I said I didnt know and that I think Mela or Claudia had changed here once. My mom was like "well gross" and threw them away. She also came across a neclace and the case bag from some target holiday gift makeup set that i had long forgotten about. my mom was like is this your friends too? and Im like yea. Well she threw awat the red velvety bag (i didnt care about it anyway) and of course we kept the neclace. There was also a picture of ME in drag which was lying on the floor but fortunately I found it and hid it before my mom could get to it. Later on that evening my dad made a point again to tell me to threw everything away that was like "that". He never said the word gay or drag which is funny to me. and I again said oh it was just some pictures from a magazine. they didnt mean anything to me and they were like no some were polaroids and my dad pulls out this picture that I took from my 20th birthday in the rose room with 5 queens on the stage doing the final number. He was like you dont need to be going to these kind of events,you need to guard yourself against them blah blah blah and he was like did you take this picture which i said no because i didnt want to get into a big argument and he was like you sure you werent there and i said yes again altho I wanted to say yea I was there and so what Im 21. I can go to drag shows if I want. You need to let go some. I felt very threatened in my own house and which I didnt have to come back home this summer like if I lived in an apartment. Last night (wed) i got in "trouble" well not realy trouble but i was told from now on I need to be home by 1030 on "work nights" cuz i disrutp my dads sleep. worknights are sunday through thursday which only leaves friday and saturday for me to be out past 1030 and HELLO IM 21!!!! I deserve more freedom than that.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey we're going to be in Denton at Mable's on Saturday if you want to come out. Aspen did his audition last night for the Edna's Angels cast and got the job!!! He was very lovely. Should have the pics posted on the site tomorrow.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger gapfashionprep said…

    Ill try. thats awesome about the Edna's Angles cast job! Go Aspen! Im back in Plano now for the summer so I wont be in Denton as much but Ill see. My parents are so strict with me even tho Im 21 so I dont get to stay out too late but Ill try to come to see a show on a wednesday to see Aspen. Cant wait to see the pics!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home