My filled with happiness life

"What if the world was crazy and I was sane Would it be so strange I can't believe that I am alone in saying The things I'm saying I am - part of you These are - universal truths We're all - part of the light that flows through everything" -Cher ! "It proves that you are unusual," said the Scarecrow, "and in my opinion being unusual is one of the best things in the world. For the common folks are like the leaves on a tree, and live and die unnoticed." -excerpt from "The Land of Oz"

Friday, May 13, 2005

Reflections

Fortune of one means less for some.
-Sarah McLauglan


So its a peaceful calm beautiful afternoon
for a peaceful soul I have despite it all
My pillows not done
My dress isnt done
Im not done
Im a work in progress
lessons I learn
will i learn
or go back to habits I spurn
growth change this I yearn
End of this semsester, a beggining of something new
As I take down the pictures on my wall
Im reminded of things that have happened to me in this room
new people in my life
goodbyes to some
war and disharmony I said farewell too
didnt think I would keep putting up with your bullshit did you?
the lady who paints the mermaid and the lotus
Meeting YOU
Intentions are just to....
differences between intentions and desire
Waiting til tommorow but finding tommorow has its own plans
hard times make you stronger
know it seems like it will never come
wait alittle longer
New surroundings
change of pace
People moving
People destroying
packing
untacking
Thankful for what this year has brought me
Although I might edit out a few scenes
though happened for a reason
now its a new season
look at me now
since youve been gone
im happy free and loved for being exactly me

Today I asked Barbara if I could get an extension of turning my history of costume and decor project in by tommorow and she said no but she would give me an incomplete and I could make that incomplete up next semester. Basically I just turn the paper in next semester and then Ill get my grade, no grade penalty for that. She knew that me and gloria had spent the whole night at the costume shop and I had actually spentfrom like 3pm yesteday til 130 today on it straight (with like 2 breaks) I had spent time on it earlier in the week and the week before too so it wasnt a procrastination issue here really just took a long time. So Barbara new i was exhausted. So She told me David, you have already tortured yourself wnough with this costume final project and you dont need to try to pull all nighter tonight too. You need sleep. It would be a waste of your time and my time for you to try to turn it in tommorow. plus she said she wasnt going to be there tommorow. We had a good talk about procrastination and I was just really open and honest with her. She was in one of her good moods( shes very moody) and was really understanding. I mentioned somethjng about getting on the internet to just check my email and staying on for three hours and not realizing it. She said she could relate to that too. She complimented me on being smart and how my written work that I turn in is really great and clear and how I need to translate that to my vocal. She said like during my design presentation and sometimes with her one on one talking that Im not as good as communicating my ideas but when on paper, im really good and that I should work on making that come through my vocal expression too. She was very non judgemental about my procrastination stating that it was a big problem with alot of people this semester (which was really true, I dont know if its college students or theater people or what but yea bad procrastinators) but how I can work on that. It was good honest dialogue that I really appreciated having with her. Not having to do that project tonight took a huge weight off my shoulders. my dress almost got done like I have to finish sewing the sleeves into the garment, zipper (who would have thought so hard) , hem the bottom and the lining. For the fashion show they pinned the back where it would normally be zippered and they pinned one finished sleeve into the garment. (most of my classmates didnt even realize it was pinned but I told them) I was going to perform a minute or so of my song but when I got up there I was just too tired to do it with the force I wanted plus my makeup was done in like 10 minutes, lol. base, black eyeshadow and red lipstick. no highlight or shadow! OMG! lol. it was fine and I think I will still get a good grade on the dress. Well im off to throw away junk and undecorate my personal space that I inhabited this year.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger HappySam said…

    find happiness with happy sam
    www.warwick.ac.uk/~poubae

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger gapfashionprep said…

    oh no it wasnt meant to be sad at all. i meant in a very positive way. growth and change can be very good things. closing of one chapter only means opening a new one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home